|1990-1993||Bachelor of Science (BS)
|1993-1997||Doctor of Medicine (MD)||Northwestern University
|Albany Medical Center
|Albany Medical Center
|Albany Medical Center
|Massachusetts General Hospital
- Maryland # D0061416; expires 9/30/2015
- District of Columbia; expires 2015
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons (ABOS)
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, Rockville, MD
- Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, MD
- Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC
- Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery
Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- Honors Program in Medical Education Northwestern University
- Washingtonian Top Doctors Award
- Patient’s Choice Physician Award
- Northmore-Ball MD, Bannister GC, Mears DC, Durbhakula SM. Clinical Challenges in Orthopaedics: The Hip. London: Martin Dunitz Ltd., 2002.
- Durbhakula SM, Berger RA, Freiberg AA: Mini-incision total hip arthroplasty: the anterolateral approach. In Callahan JJ, Rosenberg AG, Rubash HE (eds): The Adult Hip, 2nd edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005 (in press).
- Mears DC, Durbhakula SM, Velyvis JH: Reconstructive total hip replacement after proximal femoral injuries. In Browner BD, Jupiter JB, Levine AM, Trafton PG (eds): Skeletal Trauma, 3rd Edition: Basic Science, Management and Reconstruction. Philadelphia: Elsevier Science, 2003, pp 1817-1831.
- Mears DC, Durbhakula SM. Fractures and dislocations of the pelvic ring. In Chapman MW (ed): Chapman’s Orthopaedic Surgery, 3rd Edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2001, pp 531-585.
- In vivo flexion and kinematics of the knee after TKA: comparison of a conventional and a high flexion cruciate-retaining TKA design. Suggs JF, Kwon YM, Durbhakula SM, Hanson GR, Li G. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2009 Feb;17(2):150-6. Epub 2008 Oct 7.
- Investigation of in-vivo 6DOF total knee arthroplasty kinematics using a dual orthogonal fluoroscopic system. Hanson GR, Suggs JF, Freiberg AA, Durbhakula S, Li G. J Orthop Res. 2006 May;24(5):974-81.
- Three-dimensional tibiofemoral articular contact kinematics of a cruciate retaining total knee arthroplasty. Li G, Suggs J, Hanson G, Durbhakula S, Johnson T, Freiberg A. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006 Feb;88(2):395-402.
- Differences in patient and procedure characteristics and hospital resource use in primary and revision total joint arthroplasty: a multicenter study. Bozic KJ, Durbhakula S, Berry DJ, Naessens JM, Rappaport K, Cisternas M, Saleh KJ, Rubash HE. J Arthroplasty.2005 Oct;20(7 Suppl 3):17-25.
- Ganglioneuroma with scoliosis of the thoracic spine: a case report. Velyvis JH, Durbhakula S, Wurapa R, Carl AL. Spine J. 2005 Jul-Aug;5(4):457-60.
- Antibiotic-loaded articulating cement spacer (ALACS) in the 2-stage exchange of infected total knee arthroplasty. Durbhakula SM, Czajka J, Fuchs MD, Uhl RL. J Arthroplasty. 2004 Sept;19(6):768-74.
- Spacer endoprosthesis for the the treatment of infected total hip arthroplasty. Durbhakula SM, Czajka J, Fuchs MD, Uhl RL. J Arthroplasty. 2004 Sept;19(6): 760-7.
- Traumatic anterior knee dislocation. Durbhakula SM, Das SP, Uhl RL. Orthopedics. 2002 Oct;25(10):1083-5.
- Developments in blood management: the potential therapeutic role for Epoetin alfa in orthopedic trauma. Mears DC, Durbhakula SM, Miller B. Orthopedics.1999 Jan;22(1 Suppl):s151-4.
- Durbhakula SM: “The Direct Anterior Approach: My Journey to Date.” IAA Biennial Conference, Hyderabad, India, October 2011.
- Durbhakula SM: “The 40-50 Year Old Arthritic Knee.” IAA Biennial Conference, Hyderabad, India, October 2011.
- Durbhakula SM: “The Future of Revision Total Joint Replacement Surgery.” NAON Conference, Baltimore, MD May 2011.
- Durbhakula SM: “Total Hip Arthroplasty After Acetabular Fracture: The American Experience.” IAA Mid Term Meet, Goa, India, October 2010.
- Durbhakula SM: “Total Hip Arthroplasty After Proximal Femoral Fracture.” Indian Arthroplasty Assoiation Mid Term Meet, Goa, India, October 2010.
- J.F. Suggs, G.R. Hanson, S. Durbhakula, et al: Six Degrees of Freedom In-Vivo Knee Kinematics after Posterior Substituting Total Knee Arthroplasty.” Orthopaedic Research Society 52nd Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, March 2006
- G. Li, G.R. Hanson, J.F. Suggs, S. Durbhakula, et al: In-Vivo 3D Tibiofemoral Articular Contact after CR and PS TKA.” Orthopaedic Research Society 52nd Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, March 2006.
- Li G, Suggs J, Hanson G, Durbhakula S, et al: "Dual Image Fluoroscopy 3D Data." 35th Annual Course in Advances in Arthroplasty, Cambridge, MA, September 2005.
- Li G, Hanson G, Suggs J, Durbhakula S, et al: "Kinematics of the UKA." 35th Annual Course in Advances in Arthroplasty, Cambridge, MA, September 2005.
- Elting JJ, Winter TE, Tymeson MP, Durbhakula SM, et al: “Impaction Grafting: Basic Science and Clinical Applications in Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty.” American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 72nd Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, February 2005.
- Waldman B, Durbhakula S: “Minimally Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty with Large Head Metal-on-Metal Articulation.” Webcast on www.or-live.com, December 7, 2004.
- Durbhakula SM: “Modes of Failure in Revision Hip and Knee Replacement.” CMS Presentation, Baltimore, MD, October 2004.
- Durbhakula SM: “Resource Utilization after Primary and Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty.” 34th Annual Course in Advances in Arthroplasty, Cambridge, MA, September 2004.
- Freiberg AA, Durbhakula SM, Rubash HE: “Two-Incision Minimally Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty.” 33rd Annual Course in Advances in Arthroplasty, Cambridge, MA, September 2003.
- Mears DC, Durbhakula SM, Velyvis JH, Duwelius PJ: “Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement with the Two-Incision Technique.” AOA 115th Annual Meeting, Charleston, SC, June 2003.
- Durbhakula SM, Czajka J, Fuchs MD, Wurapa RW: “Use of an Articulating Spacer to Treat Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty.” AAOS 70th Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA, February 2003.
- Mears DC, Durbhakula SM, Velyvis JH, Duwelius PJ: “On the Road to a Minimally Invasive Total Hip Arthroplasty.” COA-AOA 115th Annual Meeting, Victoria, British Columbia, June 2002.
- Durbhakula SM, Wurapa RW, Fuchs MD, Czajka J: “Treatment of Infected Total Hip Arthroplasty with an Articulating Antibiotic Cement Spacer.” AOA 35th Annual Residents’ Conference, Memphis, TN, April 2002.
- Durbhakula SM, Fuchs MD, Czajka J: “Treatment of the Infected Total Knee Arthroplasty with an Articulating Cement Spacer.” AOA 34th Annual Residents’ Conference, Hershey, PA, April 2001.